The Military Aircraft National Insignia is an evolution on the original Army Air Corps Insignia. In May of 1942 the Red dot was removed from the insignia because enemy fighters were able to fixate on the red coloration. The revision left a single White star in a Blue circle. With the Red dot gone, the White star got lost in the Olive Drab, or Blue painted surfaces of the aircraft and pilots struggled to make out any markings. To remedy the issue, it was decided to add White "Wings" to the star. The wings were to be half the distance of the radius of the Blue circle wide, and the length of the circles radius. The concept didn't have much visual appeal so they decided to add a border around the entire insignia equal to 1/8 the radius of the circle. For what ever reason the original border was made Red. As you can imagine, enemy pilots enjoyed the advantage again and it was short lived (2 months). The border was changed to Blue in September of 1943.
- Perfect for use on Firearms, Airsoft & Paintball Weapons, Tumbler Cups, and More!!!
- Multiple size options; .75" Wide, 1" Wide, 1.5" Wide, 2" Wide, 3" Wide.
- The stencils comes with main insignia which works great for two tone work, as well as a solid mask. This mask is sized to fit over the insignia allowing the user to mask off the star and side wings for multi color projects. The mask is slightly smaller to help the user avoid overlap.
- Stencils are machine cut on High Quality, Heat Resistant, Low Tach Adhesive Vinyl, Non Reusable Paint Mask
- Perfect for use with Cerakote, DuraCoat, KG Gunkote, Krylon, Acid Etching, Polymer Stippling, and More!
- Stencil comes Un-Weeded allowing you the option to use the positive or negative components for your application.
- We recommend utilizing Transfer Tape for ease of use.